Re: [JDEV] charsets (was: Protocol extension?)

> language and some in english. It seems to me that selecting language
> on every other message will likely be too much of a hassle. Of course, it

Yup. Here's my suggestion for a DTD amendment:

Add a "encoding" attribute to every tag. Only the <login> tag should
*require* the encoding attribute, and it will use that to set the default
encoding for all the other tags.

I'm not real familiar with Unicode, so this may be way off. :)

D.